Friday, January 27, 2012

Nineteen Weeks & Nesting

Nineteen weeks has yielded many additions to the Baker household, so I thought I'd share them with you. First, here's a picture of my growing belly. (Even though I don't think the photos do me justice.)

Our big acquisitions this week are our cribs! I scored an excellent deal online and got us $200 off the total price. Plus, they were delivered right to our door. We're waiting to construct them because we don't currently have space and also because my dad is coming to help us set up the nursery in the beginning of March - and he needs something to do!

Earlier, I noted that we purchased a chair for me. Today, we got to pick it up! It is very nice and is currently in our living room, which will not be it's home for long. Unfortunately, we've been acquiring furniture without getting rid of any, but that will change soon. The chair is a rocker/recliner, but it's also motorized! I can adjust the leg height and the degree it reclines to any place I want with the push of a button. That means no hard kicks and clicks to get the chair back to normal - moves that would surely wake up a drowsy baby.


And last but certainly not least, I got my first baby present today. Not only did our friend Lynn treat me to lunch, but she also gave us three of the cutest little stuffed animals you ever did see. And they're as soft as they are cute. There's a pink kitty, a green alligator (who we may try to pass off as a dragon), and a blue puppy. They are already fitting right in.

No comments:

Post a Comment