Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Support & Fading Optimism

Tuesday simply flew by. It is only now, at 12:30 am on Wed., that I find myself taking time to blog. It's been a good day, but busy. I suppose that is a good thing, though. When I'm busy, I can't dwell things - either the good or the bad.

I did get to share my story with my best friend, though. For other reasons, it had been several weeks since we had spoken and I preferred to share our news face-to-face since she lives so near to us. Unlike my sister, whose first response was to make sure I was certain of our decision (in a loving way), my best friend simply hugged me and asked for the details. I suppose that's what sisters and best friends are supposed to do, right? The sister is there to first make sure you're not jumping into anything and then be your support. The best friend is just there when you need her. I found both to be comforting.

Our conversation did, however, make me a little more leery of the upcoming hormone treatments I know I'll have to begin in a matter of weeks. I suppose I've looked upon them with optimistic naivete, but now they seem more ominous - more looming. It won't deter me from the process, but the reality is ever so slowly creeping into my consciousness. But I suppose that's a good thing, too. It's better not to go into the process all smiles and optimism only to be confronted by wildly fluctuating hormones and miscellaneous side effects. And if I am granted a relatively pain and roller coaster free experience? Then I can only be pleasantly relieved.

Here's to more waiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment