Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Beginning

Welcome to my blog! I have started this primarily as free therapy for myself and to document the ups and downs of the next however many months of my life. So… where to begin?

I have been married for ten years now. We were one of many friends who got married around the same time, but while they were popping out kids, we were getting our first dog. We both attended college for undergraduate and graduate work and really had little desire for a family that went beyond our four-legged companions and us. When people would ask us about kids, we’d say “maybe… eventually.” But in the last couple of years our response has gotten a little more favorable and we’ve talked about kids as more of an eventual probability than a possibility. And last year – in May 2010 – we decided to throw caution to the wind and start trying. And we did… but nothing happened.

After some tests, more trying and lots of waiting, it was confirmed: we had fertility problems. And I have to admit, part of me was relieved at this news. But over time and as we tried a few solutions, we both began to realize that we wanted kids more than we ever allowed ourselves to admit. So… now we are on a true fertility journey. As you can tell from my blog title, this is going to take a lot of adjustment, but we’re ready. I think. I hope. I guess we’ll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment